10.01.2008

Get Away Day

Just about to hit the road back to Pocatello, but I'm so full of great stuff from yesterday, I had to stop and post. David Putman rocked us with his talk on the Discipleship Code, and I'm still buzzing about the idea that we in the American church (and we in Pocatello specifically) have gotten our theology backwards, and it's keeping us from really making the eternal impact that we should be having. I'm still processing how we need to teach and communicate this, but it was a eye opener with pratical and personal application. Not 'book learning' theology: crusty, dusty, philosophical meanderings, but real, hard core, how what we believe about God and ourselves can and will impact how we live and serve and follow Jesus. Great stuff, stay tuned.

Here's a shout out to Katie at Brodie Mack, my new favorite clothing store.

It's always good to get together with other pastors who are leading their churches to hope and missional effectiveness, the energy, prayer and hope just fills me up. It's a long drive home, so I'm getting on the road. Pray for the beginning of I Saw the Lord this Sunday, God is definitely up to something.

No comments: