9.29.2008

What I Learned at Camp Today

Back in Post Falls for the annual Pastor's Conference that our Region puts on, and God is once again telling me great stuff. I'm here with Aaron (check out his blog, he's posted about what we've been hearing), Kathy Nelson and Stacy Rude. We've spent the day hearing great stuff on the Holy Spirit's work in our lives, in our ministries and in our churches. We've been prayed for and encouraged, and I'm listening to what God is saying loud and clear.

The work that God's been doing in my heart and mind to heal me from the struggles I've had over the last few years is continuing, and God is telling me that boldness, courage, strength and joy are what we will need to move the church forward from here. I'm filled with encouragement and a sense of assurance and peace that is deeper than I've felt in a looooonnnnggg time.

After the message Sunday about unity (and thanks to all of you who prayed, it was an amazing day of ministry), I am sure that God is setting us up for what comes next. We're in the black financially for the second week in a row, we had over 20 people sign up to be in a Connection Group, we gave out close to 100 I Saw The Lord workbooks, and we've got 4-5 folks wanting to get baptized. All that good stuff is just the beginning, and in a few months, we'll see what else God has for us. But none of it will come without prayer, hard work at unity and loving each other, and a renewed commitment to be a church that is sold out on the idea that Jesus wants us to love, bless, serve and share with the community where He's placed us.

I'm feeling God's healing and a renewed sense of purpose in my life. I hope that God is speaking to you, too. Listen to His voice, hear what He's telling us, and be ready for anything. I've got one more day of learning up here, then a drive home (avoiding Deer Lodge, of course...), then prep for the beginning of I Saw The Lord. I hope you're planning to join us for campaign, because it's going to be something special. I don't know what all God has in store for us, but after today, I believe more than ever that it's going to rock our lives.

No comments: