10.03.2008

No Place Like Home

We made it home safe from Post Falls, and I'm glad to be home. A big "thank you" to all who prayed for us while we were gone and for safe travel. Despite rocket powered UPS trucks on the freeway, it was a mostly uneventful travel experience. Also a bit "thanks" to Aaron Floyd for driving and leading worship at the conference, he did a great job at both. Thanks to Stacy Rude and Kathy Nelson for going along and keeping their ears open for God to speak. It was a good conference for all of us.

If you'd like a taste of what we heard and learned, check out Aaron's blog, he posted live during the sessions.

I'm going to be a single Dad this weekend while Beth is away at the Women's Retreat, as are some of you other dudes. Let's all pray for each other, and pray for the women at the retreat that they will be able to leave this all behind and listen to Jesus while they are there.

We're starting the I Saw the Lord campaign this Sunday, and I just finished the first message. After the conference and the discussion on the way home, I'm more convinced than ever that
God has been setting us up for something. This next eight weeks is part of it that God started in us back in May, and everything since then has been pushing us in this direction. I hope you will join us as we look to see what God has for us in this. I'm excited, and I'm praying for both of us to hear more clearly from God than we ever have before.

No comments: