10.06.2008

Post Launch Thoughts

Got the I Saw the Lord campaign off the ground on Sunday, and I'm thrilled with the response so far. It was out of the box for folks to talk to each other in worship, but I was proud of everyone for trying, and the feedback was all good. There have been over 140 people get participant's guides, and I'm praying that everyone will get the maximum blessing out of the time the spend in God's word.

Props to the youth ministry for bringing the teens into the service to get this Bible study method in front of them, I hope it helps them to start digging into the Bible earlier than some of us 'old codgers' did.

If you still need to get into a Connection Group for the discussion part of the campaign, call the office or drop us an e-mail and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Here's why I'm so excited about this: I keep seeing and hearing about how the church in America has lost it's footing in society, and how the churches that are making a difference all have one thing in common - they are all getting back to a simple set of basics, including the idea that God's Word needs to be central to the life of the church and the lives of the people. I'm excited to see more people get into God's Word and see what it really says, and I'm looking forward to hearing what the Holy Spirit prompts in people when we give Him the opportunity.

Pray for God to use His Word to push us in the right direction, both individually and corporately, so that we all end up where He wants us. I'll pray for you to get the most out of this experience that you can get; you pray for me to hear clearly from God what He's saying to all of us in the First Baptist Family.

And here's a little something extra for my readers: We're doing baptisms this Sunday!! Pray for the folks getting baptized, that it will be a moving, spiritual experience for them, and pray for the folks who come to watch, that they will be moved by the commitments of these folks and make their own spiritual commitments. Should be a good time this Sunday!

No comments: