10.17.2008

What a Team!

I am a blessed man. For all the storms of my life (for more on this, come hear the message on Sunday), I am blessed many times over. One big blessing in my life is the incredible staff of people I get to work with every day.

Thursday was National Boss' Day, and October is Pastor Appreciation Month, and those two events combined to become a lunch Wednesday after our staff meeting. They got together and gave me an IPod Nano and a cool speaker dock for it. Now I am able to listen to all the pod-casts they've been telling me I need to listen to, but that's not why they gave it to me ( at least that's what I tell myself). They made sure to tell me that they were excited to be a part of what God is doing here, and they were glad to have me in their lives. It was a wonderful lunch, a great gift, and more importantly, a great encouragement to me to know that these amazing, talented, gifted, hard working, dedicated folks are with me, for me and by my side as we work for God's best in this church family.

I was blessed by them, and I want you all to know what a great blessing you have in this church staff. I know lots of pastors and I've seen lots of church staffs in my life. This group of people here at FBC Pocatello is the finest, most dedicated, most amazing group of people I have ever known in ministry. I'm sure there are others who feel the same about their team, but my team is the best there is.

God is up to something big, and I am glad to have these folks with me while we discover it together.

No comments: