2.27.2010

Saturday At Starbucks

Yesterday was hard. The truck came and loaded all our worldly possessions, leaving an empty (and somewhat dirty...) house where we used to live. The kids were off playing with friends for most of the day, so when they came home to their house and found it empty, there were tears. They are still excited about moving, excited for the new adventure, but it's hard to leave the only place you've ever lived, and for Rachel, the only house she's ever called home. I told her about her first day home, her first steps, and all the other firsts in that house. She laughed and cried and slept like a rock last night. Good for her.

Today, while Beth and friends are cleaning so we can sell our house (pray early, pray often!), I'm here at Starbucks trying to write my last message to the church here in Pocatello as their pastor. I know that I might get invited back someday for an anniversary, or a building dedication, or something else big and fun, but maybe not. Whatever the future holds, I have tomorrow to share my last word from God to the people of the FBC Family. It's a good word, and I think god's been prepping my heart for it for the entire month. But now when the thoughts and ideas are supposed to be coming into the keyboard, they collide with feelings and emotions, and it once again becomes more difficult than usual.

So on the last Saturday of my ministry here, the last message waits for the last mocha to stir the last thoughts to become the last sermon of my last Sunday. I love these people; always have, even during the tough times. I love what God has done here, both in them and in me through them. I think I gained as much or more than I gave, and I know I gave my all. God has a great plan for this church, and I know that the best days are in front of them.

Tomorrow I'll post one last time from here. After that, I'll go dark for a while, so that I can get my life together at the other end. Truck gets to Minden on Tuesday, kids start school and my first staff meeting on Wednesday, and I've got an Accountability Team meeting on Saturday. One week from today, I'll be drinking a mocha from a different Starbucks in a different state at a different office of a different church. I'm trusting in God to make this all work right, but for now, one last message remains.

Thanks again to all for the prayers on our behalf. I can't imagine how hard this would be without all of you praying for all of us. The Lord Bless you.

4 comments:

Terri Anderson said...

Dude, we will miss you. Keep that Seahawk blood flowing and continue to fight the good fight. I've often wondered how we would handle a similar situation with our kids. Anyhow, from our household to yours, God bless.

Terri Anderson

Bill McCready said...

Thank you, Anderson family! I'm going to be expecting to hear good things from you guys up there, and of course from my Seahawks. :) And if Charles wants me back for anything, I'm there!

Blessings!

Sunny Cain said...

I had you & Beth heavy on my heart today prior to service as I wrestled through the thoughts of PJ leaving, as I wrestled through the last Saturday with such sorrow, yet such holy expectation of what God has yet to do here. As I looked around our congregation and saw the sadness they were feeling, I was overwhelmed with peace in knowing you guys would be here soon. I was also overwhelmed with urgency to pray for your congregation for tomorrow morning in Pocatello and that God would walk you and your family thru also. I can seriously only imagine what you, John, Beth & Pam are walking thru...so I will focus on the greater work of prayer...knowing His plan is perfect...and we, my brother, are part of that! Be encouraged! You are being prayed for!

Charles Revis said...

My friend, your post gave me that weird combo feeling of sad and glad at the same time. But I'm choosing to rejoice knowing that the Lord is leading you to live out a great adventure for His Kingdom's sake. Any chance I can get an electronic version of your message from yesterday? It would help me prep to preach for this coming "post-Bill Sunday". Praying that your move goes well!