12.08.2008

People ARE Getting Ready!!

I really am jacked about this message series for Christmas! "People Get Ready!" is a call and a challenge to all of us. Like the season of Advent, we need to prepare for the coming of the Messiah, and do what we need to do to be ready when He arrives. Like our real lives, we need to get ready for what God wants us to do, both now and the rest of the year. And for some, the greatest Christmas gift they've ever been given has been left unopened for all the Christmases of their lives because they haven't received the gift of Jesus Christ.

It has been fun connecting the Old Testament prophecies about Messiah to the New Testament reality of Jesus, and I can't wait for the rest of this series. I hope you will pray and invite folks to come hear the greatest news ever!

I'm about to go home and help my wife get ready for dinner. We're having the elder team and their wives over for dinner tonight, then a meeting to make sure we're tracking as we look to the new year and all the opportunities and challenges that will come our way. We have a dedicated and God-honoring group of guys on the elder team, and they could all use your prayers as they lead the church from the point position with me. I'm blessed to have them in my life, and I've been looking forward to this dinner for weeks.

If you were here for Sunday, I hope you heard that God has a plan for you. Not just for the pastor, not just for the church, but for you in particular. God has been planning your part for a long time, and I'm hoping you will step into it with joy and gusto this Christmas.

No comments: