12.11.2008

I'll Be Back...

I'm having one of those days that keeps me coming back. Like golf, where I hack my way through 18 holes, but a couple times per round I'll hit a shot that feels good, looks good and lands where I want it. Exciting, effective, and enticing, those shots keep me coming back to golf. This is one of those days in ministry.

I was standing in the worship center, looking at the preparations for the Angel Tree Party tomorrow night, listening to two staffers talk about what they are learning in their leadership. I had just come from a great discipleship meeting and a great lunch meeting before that, and it hit me: God is really moving in this church family like I've always pictured it happening! It's been awhile since we had such a consistent string of wins, and now we're a part of a roll that is exciting and scary, fun and freaky all at once. So many pieces are rolling forward, connecting, moving together and showing fruit right now, as I stood in that room just now, it overwhelmed me - It's working!

I'm so pleased with how Student Ministries Vision Night went last night, Chris and his team did a phenomenal job of communicating the future of their ministry, and I'm so fired up about Angel Tree Party tomorrow and the blessing bonanza that will be for the families that come. I'm still pumped up about the news of one of our Connection Groups splitting into three groups for the expressed purpose of creating space for others to get connected. Right heart, right motives, right on! I did a 301 interview yesterday that got me fired up, and right this second there are students up stairs practicing to lead worship (really LOUD!)

I know there are lots of holes that need plugged, lots of hearts that need healing, and lots of work left to be done. I know we're far from perfect, and we're moving too fast for some, too slow for others. I know that tomorrow is another day of endless possibilities, both good and bad. But today is a day to celebrate the hand of God on FBC, so I'm celebrating. Yeah GOD!!

No comments: