12.18.2008

Big Time Anticipation (Times Five!)

This is a crazy time of year, but God is doing so much and moving in the lives of so many people, it has me amped up for what I see coming. A few things that I'm looking forward to with great anticipation:

  • Christmas Eve Services - Looking at the energy and response the last two weeks, and knowing this Sunday is going to be great, I just see the three Christmas Eve services being not just energizing, but life changing for some folks. Invite your friends, it's going to be great!
  • Volunteer Appreciation Sunday - giving our hard working volunteers (75-80 each Sunday, minimum!!) a well deserved Sunday off. Thanks to our fantastic volunteers!!
  • The ON MISSION series to start the year - we're going to look at what God has called us to be and do to be 'on mission' with Him. It's Jesus' church, so it's Jesus' call what we're about.
  • THE FINANCIAL SERIES THIS YEAR WILL BE OFF THE HOOK!! - I've done a financial series every year for a while, but RESTRUCTURE, our series on money starting this January, will be amazing! God's been in my ear on this for a couple months already, and with the constant talk about the economy, recession, gas prices and credit crunch, the whole world is talking about money. What better time to share what God has to say about it!! We'll have our Financial Peace University crew up and running again, and a financial workshop to help folks start to get a handle on their finances, but here's what always makes me excited to preach on this subject: someone always gets saved during the financial series! I know, it's crazy, but it's true! God uses this material to challenge and draw people with His grace. How cool is it that God uses whatever He has to get our attention and change lives for eternity!?! I am in awe of His greatness right now!
  • Mostly, I'm jacked about the momentum we have! - I see this next three to six months as the turning point in our ministry. As Student Ministries gets fired up for DC/LA, as the Creative Arts and Worship teams get closer to hosting a big worship training event, as our Children's Ministry continues to lead the way in reaching out and sharing Jesus, and as our Connection Groups grow, branch, grow, branch, repeat... I just see things picking up speed and carrying momentum into and thru the summer like never before.
So buckle your seat belts, ladies and gentlemen - the Jesus jet is go for take-off!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Bill,

Great Blog...I have really enjoyed reading it! I wanted to tell you that I am so happy and thankful for finding FBC! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jessica G.