12.31.2008

Next...

I'm in the office today, and just needed to share what is going on. Turns out that what's happening in God's Kingdom and God's church doesn't stop for my vacation. Here's what I mean:

I'm here because I was meeting with a family about the funeral. Shortly after making it to Christmas, Kent made it home. I get the privilege of speaking at his service on Monday coming up, and because of parking and other considerations, the service will be held at an LDS stake center. That will be a first for me. I ask for your prayers as I prepare for that service.

After that meeting, I got a call from a friend who just finished cancer treatments, and now has some blood count issues. Doctors are working to figure it out, and they seem to be closing in on it, but my friend is tired, a little scared, and trying to make sense of it all. My proud moment came when she said something about getting closer to figuring out what God wanted to do through her because of all this she's been through. I got to tell her to be patient (me, telling someone else to be patient - that God, what a sense of humor!!), and it will be clear when the time comes to do it.

Before I could leave, I checked my e-mail - some friends from DC checking in and telling me how God has been blessing them, and how much they appreciated what we invested in them during the time they were at FBC. There's more news, but I'll save it for later.

Look at what God is doing! I'm so excited to share on Sunday what God has been putting in my heart for a couple of months now, and I hope it helps folks to see that God is wanting to do something, but like I said on Christmas Eve, we're not waiting on Him, God is waiting for us to decide how much we are willing to follow, how much we're willing to risk. Make plans to be there, I think God's got something to say.

Happy New Year, and All God's BEST Blessings!!

No comments: