11.26.2008

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving...

Just a note to say to the world and to Jesus how grateful I am. I have a beautiful wife, two amazing kids, the dream job, and most of all, Jesus Christ in my life. I have so much to be thankful for, and more on the horizon. Here's just a sampling:

  • Had a check-up this week with the Cancer Center. Everything is normal, no sign of any return of the cancer from four years ago, and by this summer, I'm in the 5 year, 'cured' category for sure. My cholesterol is high, so I have additional motivation to get to the gym, eat better and take care of myself.
  • After a 5 baptism Sunday, we had three people in the 101 CLASS indicate that they wanted to be baptized, too. Add that to the two or three people we had that couldn't make it work this past Sunday, and the two more that called me just today and said they wanted to meet about getting baptized, and I'm grateful to be in position to see God on a serious roll!
  • God has given me the greatest staff team and team of elders; I know I am not worthy to receive such gifts. Not only am I supported by these folks, I am held accountable and given the structure and strength to succeed in ministry. I have never felt more free and more clear about the ministry I've been called by God to accomplish, and I can't wait to see what's next. Take a look at what Karl, Aaron and Chris are fired up about.
  • God has been teaching and stirring His people. The stories I get to hear each week from people being impacted by God's imprint in their lives is so cool and so humbling. God doesn't need me, but I'm grateful He uses me and allows me to see just a smidgen of what He's doing.
  • The church I serve is growing in it's ability and desire to be generous. The Angel Tree party is receiving so many donations, we're going to bless the daylights out of people, and we've had more gifts to the food pantry, to cover Thanksgiving meals for a couple families, and more. We have work to do on funding the rest of our ministry, but the hearts of our people are growing in giving.
  • We have a great service planned this Sunday to put Thanksgiving in a bigger perspective. I hope you can come. Check out the website.

That's enough for right now. I need to go sweat off some room for my turkey tomorrow. May God bless you as you give thanks to Him for all the many blessings in your life.

No comments: