11.20.2008

Some Interesting Perspective

This was a different kind of day. I had a doctor's appointment at the Cancer Center (check up), then a couple meetings about baptisms coming up on Sunday (there will be 5 or 6!!), then a meeting to try to clear up some communication and help someone get connected in ministry, then a return trip to the Cancer Center to sit with someone as they take their first chemo treatment, then back to the office to connect with a staff person about moving some ministry stuff forward, some phone calls to get folks connected to the Angel Tree party. All that with some vague attempts to work on my message and answer all the e-mails I got today, and I feel like I'm far from done, but it's 5:15 and I have to get to Rachel's basketball practice.

So I took a quick look at my friend John Jackson's blog. I had e-mailed him earlier in the week to ask a question, and he's posting the answer. It's good to have friends in this world.

Here's to a great weekend of work day, baptisms and a baby dedication. And maybe a message...

No comments: