8.25.2008

So Far... GOD!

This is what I love about God working in our midst:

  • Last Thursday, after the Night of Prayer asking God to move His kingdom forward through us, I was walking downtown for some lunch and ran into someone who attends our church sometimes. Out of they blue, they start talking to me about wanting to get baptized. Okay, apparently God was listening to our prayers...
  • Someone came up to me after the message on Sunday and told me that they had been suffering with depression for a few months, but they came to our Night of Prayer last Wednesday and when they left, the depression had lifted. He was tearing up when he told me that he was so excited to be over it, and how blessed he felt just to be there.
  • So many new people in the worship services, and so many of them looking ready to engage God at whatever level they could. All ages, all places in life, all different kinds of folks. It was especially cool to see our college students come back and bring friends with them their first Sunday back in town. And it was great to see first service fill up quite a bit. Love you, first service people!
  • I could see people connecting to the song, "Better Hands Now" that Theresa sang, and having that extra element in the message helps it connect to people. I hope that piece went home with you, that God's hands are better hands to hold the struggles and issues of your life.
  • I'm so proud of the Worship Team leading us into God's presence. Karl wasn't feeling well, but from where I was sitting, you couldn't tell. We're so blessed as a church family to have dedicated, talented, God-honoring, God-loving people to lead us in worship every week, but Sunday was a notch above.
  • The Elders were excited to be leading the next Night of Prayer, and hoping to get the opportunity to pray for someone.

I'm looking forward to this week's Night of Prayer. We're also having a time of teaching/training afterward for anyone interested in fasting as a part of prayer, so plan to be there Wednesday and stick around for 20 minutes or so after for the training. God is on the move, and we need to be in step with Him.

No comments: