8.20.2008

Night of Prayer - August 20

In 27 minutes, we will have our first of three Nights of Prayer as a part of the message series we're doing on the subject of prayer. Honestly, I'm a little nervous, it's been a long time since we did something like this, and there's a lot at stake. We're praying for God to do big things in our church family, for Him to break through on whatever the heart issue is that is holding back our financial health as a church, and we want to see His kingdom move ahead. That's all big time stuff.

This has to be important, because there have been so many distractions and discouragements in the last couple days that I'm losing count. Everything from the silly to the serious. I'm trying hard to focus on Jesus in the middle of this all, and the drive over here was a big help. I heard the new Third Day song "Call My Name," and I decided that would be a good idea. I am calling on Jesus to be here while we pray, and to help me concentrate while the distractions either resolve, disappear, or find some perspective. Nothing in our ministry here ever goes easy. Nothing. It's always an uphill battle for every inch of territory, and my hope is that tonight, we move the line. More to the point, we see God move the line. I'll let you know what happens, but keep praying, okay?

No comments: