3.11.2010

Lifting the Darkness

Okay, that title sounded more ominous that I meant it to. I'm just saying that I'm going to get back to blogging, so the blog won't be 'dark' anymore.

To all the folks out there who've been praying for my family and I as we make this transition to our new home in Minden, NV, a ginormous THANK YOU!!! We have felt lifted up and held close in all this. Our stuff got packed and transported in one piece, and now we are unpacking most of it in our temporary house. Still praying for the house in Idaho to sell, so feel free to pray with us.

In the same loving and gracious way that our First Baptist Family said goodbye to us, our LifePoint Family has welcomed us here to the Carson Valley. To give you a taste of the welcome: the youth staff found out that Mac is a fan of Mountain Dew, so when we get to our house, there were three cases of Mountain Dew cans hidden around the place or lined up in patterns. Mac was having a teenage boy version of an Easter egg hunt! Hilarious! This week my office was decorated with balloons and dark chocolate Reese's cups. Tasteful and tasty!!

After Curt Harlow shared the message this past weekend and the church prayed Beth and I into place, the work has begun in earnest. I'm learning the ropes, figuring out what I'm supposed to know, and finding all of the Starbucks in the valley. At times it feels like I'm getting further behind, but that's just a part of the transition. I've got great people helping me get up to speed, and we're going to make a dent in it before Easter, that's for sure.

I will get a rhythm going with the blog again soon, and I'm working at Twitter, so we'll see how this all pans out. Thanks for reading, and I hope to keep this informative, encouraging, and occasionally funny. As always, your comments are welcome!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pastor Bill, I just want to say welcome home. I am look forward to officially meeting you on Saturday.

Kimberly Turner

Deb Respess said...

Welcome to Nevada, Carson Valley and LifePoint ... looking forward to your leadership.

Anonymous said...

HI BILL!!! I am glad you are all there safe and sound! Good luck and take care! Love Dawn

Unknown said...

Hi Bill, great to hear that you and the family made it down to Nevada safe and sound. Keep the blog going and I plan to watch your Sunday messages from time to time on Lifepoint's video page :)
God Bless and take care.

Steve Beatty