5.12.2009

Thank You...

Some deep appreciation I need to pass on:

  • Thank you to the people who made a point of saying, "We're with you" on Sunday. Some on their communication cards, some in person. It was humbling and encouraging. God is doing great things in our midst, and it's because people are committed to going where He's taking us.
  • Thank you to the people who gave. We had an offering that reflects the commitments people are making to the vision of our church family. Thank you for investing in God's Kingdom as it is lived out at FBC.
  • Thank you to people who have received the apologies. I heard from a number of folks that they appreciated my apology for some of the language slips lately. They were glad for the passion, and glad for the apology. That was helpful to me. Thanks.
  • Thank you to the people who stepped up to ministry. I didn't think I gave a real call to jump up and serve, but people heard it that way, and I'm really jacked about it! People are feeling the call of God to serve. That's what following Jesus is about - living like Jesus by being a servant. Yeah God!
  • Thank you to the people who are sacrificing to see God's Kingdom go forward. I talked about sacrifice on Sunday, and so many names and stories came to mind. But if you are making a sacrifice, giving up what you want to see God's ministry here move forward, you need to know that I am honored and humbled and blessed by that as a man chasing after God. Thank you ever so much.
  • Thank you to the people who keep praying for God to lead us. We are not there yet, and I for one have a long way to go. I keep saying I'm not perfect, and I probably show it more than I say it. But God is at work here, and it's because people are praying and begging Him to work here. Keep it up!
  • And Thank you to the people who have come to share concerns. Thanks for talking, I know that's not always easy. Thanks for listening, I know that is sometimes even harder. And thanks for walking through the process and not giving up. Nothing good ever comes from giving up on each other, so thanks. God will reward your efforts toward unity.
Thank you, FBC family, I love you. And thank you, Jesus for what you're doing in this place!!

I have never stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly Ephesians 1:16 (NLT)


2 comments:

Sharon Bennett said...

Not sure I entered my last comment correctly so I'll try it again. Just wanted to say that Harley & I appreciated sharing our concerns about the direction FBC seems to be taking. To help you understand our comments a little better, we invite you to visit a website "youthofeternity.wordpress.com/2008/10/21" then click on R.C. Sproul... and Let's Talk Post... We do care about you and FBC. Harley & Sharon Bennett (the Popcorn people)

Teresa said...

Bill, I appreciate your message last week and it is nice to know you have passed through what you were going through in the summer even if you are not exactly sure where you are going. Know that I will always have your back.
Your Friend,
t