3.02.2009

...and then GOD showed UP!

I'm so glad that God has been speaking so much into the life of our church family, and Sunday was a great celebration of hearing what He's saying. I am grateful to be a part of what is happening here right now, and yet I'm getting pulled in all kinds of directions. Stay tuned for more, but here's a sample of what God is up to:

  • In the last week, a full-on worship music conference has been launched! Great speakers and workshop leaders for vocals, keyboards and drums, plus a ton more. Read Karl and Aaron's blogs for more.
  • Speaking of Aaron, I was glad to hear him say he was jacked up about coming to church to see what Jesus was going to do. Do you ever feel that, too?
  • Some people are not happy when I don't preach on Sundays, but after yesterday, that might change. Chris Boblit shared from his heart what God has been doing in his life in killing bitterness, and Karl finished it off with some strong and convicting words of encouragement to allow joy to replace our bitter feelings. Both did such an amazing job, and together they combined to help people take a step closer to Jesus.
  • The 10 Minute Party was a success! I got to talk to some folks who were new and it made them feel special to get some one-on-one time with the pastor. I'm glad for the regulars who were willing to make space for the guests, and then still hang out and say hi to me. Thanks for being willing to honor our guests that way.
  • I can't believe how many conversations I had on Sunday about bitterness. Seriously, it was so great to hear people connect with the idea that there was something they could do about fixing this nasty stuff in their life. God was speaking to folks, it was amazing!
  • So now I get to share on envy and pride. Pray for me!!!
  • We had the largest attendance in a long time, so the Spirit was stirring up people to be here for what needed to be heard. Second service, there were people sitting in the front row, setting up chairs in the back, and being asked to scoot over some. All good problems!! If you can, there's room in the 9 am service for folks, and you can make room for the new folks coming at 11.
  • Did I mention how jacked I was at how Chris set it up and Karl brought it home!?! If you weren't here, get a CD, it was HUGE!
  • Can't wait until the public reveal of the Easter series. Pray, pray, pray!
When the billboards go up, I'll blog about the Easter series, but for now, keep praying and inviting folks to hear about God's plan to deal with Toxic Emotions. It's already helping folks, so bring a friend and see what God is going to do next!

No comments: