3.24.2009

6 inches of Snow for "Spring" Break

Here's the funny thing about planning: when you are not God, you don't get the last word.

I had the best plan for this week - I was going to start jogging to get ready for the summer 5 k runs I want to enter, I was going to get some yard work done, get the garage straightened, clean out my truck, do some fun stuff with the kids, and generally rest up for the push to Easter. Then reality set in.

First, the man-child got bronchitis and has been sick since Saturday. He missed church (something he never does, so you know it's bad), and was a slug all day yesterday. Then my own cold, which had been getting better, took a bit of a turn again (thanks for praying last week, by the way. It helped, and I got thru Sunday just fine), and I was a slug most of the day yesterday, too. Oh, and one other thing, THERE WAS SIX INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND MONDAY MORNING!!

So no yard work, no garage, just shoveling the driveway. I couldn't take sick kid sledding, couldn't jog, and basically had to scrap the whole 'plan.'

Tentatively, there's some fun that still might happen if and when the boy gets better. Beth is working all of her hours up front this week so she can take time off at the end of the week for a trip to the Titanic exibit in Idaho Falls. There will be some book shopping at Barnes and Noble's, and some kind of good food experience for sure, but for now, it's Spring Break in name only.

If you think about it, pray for a couple things: one, that I get the rest and recharge I need for the next two weeks running up to Easter; two, that I remember to spend some quality time with Jesus while I'm on my down time (it's hard to have my quiet time when I'm on vacation, not sure why, just is); and three, that the next series we're doing, Take It Like A Man - Real wisdom for Real men and the women who love them, will start to come together. I'm excited about it, especially coming out of the last two months, but it needs some real spit-shine.

No comments: