1.25.2009

Sunday Night Rewind

Yes, we'll get back on the bus tomorrow, but I need to say: God is so GOOD!

After what could only be considered a tough, weird and thoroughly draining week of ministry, Sunday morning I was awake at 6:00, 45 minutes before my alarm. THAT NEVER HAPPENS!! I am so excited (and a little nervous) about the financial series we started today, because this is some important stuff we need to get right. I was ready and at church early (my poor son, Mac had to come with me, he is such a trooper to get here 25 minutes before he's supposed to as a volunteer), and fired up for the message.

God moved. The band was short some folks, the weather was getting nasty, and God moved. The message seemed to hit home with folks, and the stories of real people in our church 'getting it' that our stuff is a tool, a test and a trademark seemed to resonate. Lots of good discussion, and people were signing up for the Financial Workshop (get your tickets!!) and asking about Financial Peace University (don't ask, just say YES!!).

If we get this, God can use us like never before. If we don't, we will creep along, missing the major moves God wants to make.

One last shout out, then I need to get back and finish teaching CLASS 101 - We had three children in our Children's Ministry pray to receive Jesus last week!! THAT NEVER GETS OLD!! We've got a baptism service coming up in a couple weeks, and lives changing all the time. FBC family - how does it feel to see God working in your midst? I for one am having the time of my life. All the hard stuff is still hard, but when we start to see the fruit, there is a sense of joy that cannot be contained. I'm so glad I'm a part of this church family. I mean that.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

The message was inspired today. Being in the VIP room I don't usually hear everything you say but today it was different, the baby went to sleep during the music and I listened to the message uninterrupted. I would agree, God is moving today.

Charles Revis said...

Big congratulations on the children praying to receive Jesus. People coming to know Jesus for the first time and communicating their new commitment through Baptism is proof positive that what you are doing is making a difference in the lives of real, everyday people. Keep up the great work, Bill and FBC Pocatello.