1.07.2009

Living In Hope

I'll get back to my three part Halftime Talk, but I need to share something from my heart. If you were in church here on Sunday, you heard me talk about a friend who is going through a very difficult time with a return of her cancer. It is ReNee Perry, an active part of our church for a long time. Her and her husband Lance could use your prayers for healing, peace and hope.

Hope is a powerful concept in our lives, and one that scares us sometimes. What if I get my hopes up and it doesn't happen the way I want it to? That's always a risk, which means that hope is a sign of faith. We hope in the truth of God's power to heal, and rest in the truth of God's wisdom to do what is best. We hope in the fact that where there is life, there is hope. We rest in the fact that God has the last word on everything in life, death and eternity. I choose to live in hope, because God can heal my friend, and I wait in faith that He will do whatever is right.

Isaiah 40:31 - but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. the will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

ReNee has a blog on CaringBridge that you can check for updates.

No comments: