11.24.2009

Giving of the Thanks...

Yes, Sunday was a day of gratitude. I was glad to share some of the things I'm grateful for in the life of our church family, and grateful for the way the message landed on some folks. God is still up to something good in the life of FBC Poky, and I'm excited to see where this is all going.

Yes, Lord willing, I'm going to be eating at my mother's table on Thursday, watching football on my father's TV, and hanging out with my siblings that I haven't seen in over a year. Lots of nieces and nephews to hang out with, lots of fun for my kids, and the potential of a Linfield College playoff game on Saturday all loom large in my thoughts today.

And Yes, I'm grateful. I'm grateful for good health, for a great family, for a church family that I belong to that is doing good ministry in difficult times, and for friends who love me in spite of my obvious imperfections. My heart is full of things to be thankful about, and I hope that yours is, too.

I'll be back and get ramped up for Christmas, it will be a great message series on the Gifts of the Magi, Gold, Frankinsense and Myrrh, and what they mean for our relationship with the Christ of Christmas. I can't wait to get there, but I've got to go and come back first.

See you in December!

No comments: