5.04.2010

THRIVE - Wrapping Up

Final Post on THRIVE 2010 -

What I will remember from this amazing time at Bayside Church:

  • Hearing Ray Johnston take one of my favorite passages (Acts 2:42ff) and using it to show the "Good Deeds produce Good Will which opens the door for Good News" in one passage. I'd never seen it like that, and I've been hearing that 'new proverb' for a few years now.
  • Hearing John Maxwell say that the price you pay for the dream will be greater and sooner than you think. But passion is still a big part of seeing a dream come true. His words are more true in me today.
  • The Luxury Box Upgrade. I won't lie, it was cool to be that close, get the extra snacks, and chill in the front row. Plus I got like a ton of free pastorcrack - books and Lincoln Brewster CD's. All that for bringing a group of people!
  • The breakout with Tony Morgan. I've been a fan of his for a few years, so to meet him, shake his hand and hear his wisdom on focus and clarity in our message and ministry was cool. BONUS: having one of my staffers there to hear the same stuff and confirm how badly we need to get after the principles Tony shared. Glad Tamy was there!
  • Lunch with the LifePoint Crew on Friday. We pulled everyone together, bought them lunch, and I got to share some pre-vision and a flavor of what I believe God is calling us to take on in the next chapter of LifePoint. It was a great time, with great energy and some great people!
  • So proud of Pastor Roy Conover for leading a breakout on his biblical counselling material. It's the best I've ever seen, and he got rave reviews for his presentation. Pray for him to get it put into book form sometime soon!! (no pressure, Roy...)
  • Dinner with the E-Team. What a great group of people I am privileged to work with here! No business, no agenda, just laughter, sharing hearts, and sharing P.F. Chang's.
  • Meeting Margaret Feinberg and her husband Leif. What neat people. Sometimes the 'platform folk' don't live up to the hype in real life. She's the real deal, and he's a funny dude. Hoping we get to cross paths again sometime soon.
  • Getting to hear from a number of great leaders, but seemingly all pointed at the same word we've been hearing in the Carson Valley - get out of the building and into the community, bring Jesus to people, and let God lead people toward their next steps in their faith journey.

Honestly, I can't wait until next year. I hope that there are more surprises, more breakouts, more learning and more growing, and that we can bring more Lifers to the event.

Pastors, if you can at all make it, and if you can at all bring some people from your church, you need to make plans to be there next year. Luis Palau, Margaret Feinberg, and a cast of thousands. Don't miss it.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

You inspire me. Just the cast of characters from Thrive would be enough to make me want to be there next year!
~M