2.23.2009

Good Mondays are a Gift from God!!

Monday is not my favorite day of the week, but today is a good one, so here's a handful of issues I'm excited about, and two I'm asking for prayer about:
  • I'm so glad to see folks move from the 11 am service to the 9 am. That shows a willingness to sacrifice and make room for others at the service where new folks are most likely to come for the first time. Thank you to all of you who have done that 'servant switch.'
  • And way to go after the services! We asked for folks to give room to the Guest Services area and to allow the first timers to have first dibs on talking to me after the service and (for the most part) that was very effective! I got to talk to more guests and first timers than I have in a LONG time, many with really good questions about the message and God's plan for dealing with anger. It was HUGE that I got to help these folks a little extra, and that our church family gave me space to do that. Way to Go FBC!!
  • The overall response to the message was very good. I know that talking about anger can make people... mad, and I think there was plenty of folks processing to get this area of their life under God's control.
  • The rest of this series will be just as helpful for folks, so keep inviting your friends!!
  • The next series will be ridiculous! God is already moving, and we haven't even started yet!
  • Pray for: God to use the Toxic Emotion series to help people, and pray for the Easter series to get a foothold in our community.
  • Also, pray for out Connection Group ministry - we want to thank Chris Schnitzler for his service to God and our church family in this area as he steps down from directing our Connection Group ministry. Chris has stepped away because of all the changes going on in his life and family - new job, new baby, new shifts at the new job, etc... - and needs to make this healthy choice right now. There' s more ministry coming in his life down the road, but for now, we need to pray for someone to take on this very important ministry area in our church family. Pray for the right person, the right timing and the right team to go around them to gel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed the sermon on anger due to my weird schedule, but let me tell you I encountered some of the most fiercely angry moms I've seen in a long while. And I was one of them, though to a little lesser extent. Suffice it to say that it had to do with sons and referees. They were all talking about how they dealt with it from a sleepless night, to venting with friend or relative to writing letters to swearing. I mentioned praying. One mom was so angry she was offered a sedative by a coworker. Too bad I missed the sermon. I'll have to get a CD.