1.09.2011

What a Week!

So, as weeks go, this one was amazing!

I got to talk to a friend from Idaho, encourage him and get some encouragement. That was good.

My beloved Seattle Seahawks won not one, but two games, including a huge playoff win as serious underdogs. That was amazing.

My daughter's basketball team won their first game of the season. That was huge.

My church gave over 940 items, from coats and sweatshirts to gloves and blankets, to give away to folks in need in our valley and maybe even up at Lake Tahoe. I am SO EXCITED about that!!

We learned a lot in the process, and we got to see three dozen volunteers step up to sort, fix, count and bag the gifts. It was amazing to see the whole lot of them across the front of the platform last week, but I got to see the excitement of the folks sorting and fixing zippers. The enthusiasm of folks knowing that they were helping our church to be generous to others, and that we were going to help hundreds of people be warm through that generosity - I could see on their faces how much they were enjoying the experience.

As a pastor, I was blessed, blown away, and fired up for what this means for the future of LifePoint Church. God is moving, I'm so proud of our folks, and can't wait to see where this all goes next. Just a great week!!

No comments: