6.18.2010

Updating Along The Journey

I had a great talk with a friend from Idaho last night, and was reminded how much work and time is involved in the transition, any transition, that we walk through in life. It's hard to remember that it takes time to settle things down, to figure out what the 'new normal' will be, whether that's in a friendship after someone moves, or in a new job, or in the twists and turns of ministry. Things don't always go according to our plans, and the unintended outcomes of our decisions along the way sneak up on us from time to time.

For instance, my friend was telling me that they get that my life here is full, it's just hard to remember when they are missing me and can't talk to me every day like we used to. It's a process, getting used to the changes that God takes us through. So we took time to reassure each other of our friendship and that in the midst of finding the 'new normal,' we still pray for each other and still care for each other. It's hard, but God is in it, so it will be good.

So one of the places where I want to be effective is on this blog, but in the midst of the transition, my time to post has suffered. I'm still finding my way, and despite my ever-changing schedule, it seems I can't figure out when to post, or how to carve the time to do it. I could use your prayers for effective ministry, and that the right priorities, including time to blog, get sifted through the God filter and show up where He wants them to be.

This week has been up and down, but all good. My 100th day on the job at LifePoint Church was Tuesday, and it was marked with some good stuff and some hard stuff. Other meetings and appointments were about important, God-focused opportunities and the challenges that always accompany them, but the hand of God is clearly moving us forward.

This weekend there will be a special message for the LifePoint family. If you can be there for one of the services, please do. There will be a special time of prayer offered afterward for anyone in need, so if you need prayer, come get some, and if you want to pray, come bring some.

As the pioneer missionary Adoniram Judson liked to say, "The future is as bright as the promises of God!" Keep looking to the promises, and we'll see the future continue to light up!

1 comment:

Charles Revis said...

100 days! Say it ain't so, Joe, ur Bill... wow! Time does fly. Keep up the good work at LifePoint. We miss you in the Northwest, but we know God is using you in NV.