8.17.2009

Monday Random

A thousand random thoughts in my head this Monday, just a few that you might be interested it:

  • What a great Sunday! Our worship together was great, the responses and conversations I had afterward were great, and the energy and passion level was great! I miss you when I'm gone, and a Sunday like yesterday is a big reason why.
  • Yes, I did say that I heard God tell me clearly during my Study Leave that I needed to let go of the 'comfortable Christianity' I've been taught all my life and grab on to Jesus. Being in the center of God's will isn't safe, it makes you dangerous, and I want to be dangerous!!
  • I hear that the Children's Ministry was mobbed during the 11 am service! Tons of kids! How cool is it that when we hear God say we need to target Children and Students this year, we get a Sunday like this to remind us why? Yeah God!
  • Vision Night was good, the best turn out for a meeting like that we've had in a while, and in attempting to over-communicate, I think we might have communicated. I'm glad we have people in our church family who are interested in the management of our ministry and want to show up to these things. No, they aren't always comfortable, but yes, they are important, so thanks to the 60 people who came!
  • We will have to trust God for the ministry we will do, both the outcome and the funding of God's church are up to HIM, and that's a lesson we've been learning the last few years. Can't wait to see what He's going to do in HIS church this ministry year!
  • And again, thanks to Terry Tharp for his year of faithful service on the Elder Team.
  • Yes, we will open up nominations for elder this fall, so be praying!
  • Glad we have a date for the New Orleans trip (Nov. 1- 7), and if you're wanting to go, get ready, it's going to be amazing! If you'd like to help someone else financially to be able to go, then let me know ASAP!
  • I'm stoked about this next series, Beautiful, that starts Sunday. Can't wait to see what God wants to do in the lives of women in our church and in our valley. BRING A FRIEND!!
  • God has been answering prayers all around us! I've heard about jobs, promotions, health issues and more where God has been showing up and making Himself known. Prayer works, so if you're praying about something and haven't seen the answer yet, KEEP PRAYING!! When you see God answering prayers around you, it's a signal that your answer is coming closer. Be alert!
I'm still in the process of connecting all the dots from my Study Leave, so I'll leave that for a later post, but thanks to all who were praying for me while I was working hard to hear from God. I'll start the book review posts on Wednesday.

No comments: