6.08.2009

I Don't Like Mondays...

It's an 80's song, but it's how I feel today. I don't like Mondays.

The week of vacation ended up being a week of being sick, so I missed the paintball war for Mac's 13th birthday, I missed out on doing anything remotely fun, unless you call coughing all through the night some kind of adventure!!

I managed to pull myself together long enough on Saturday to go the the Cancer Survivor's Lunch. I was asked to do some stand-up comedy for the folks there, and it went well, despite how crappy I was feeling. Good news: the people who were there were surprised by how funny I was. The Bad News: weather and other issues kept it from being the normal sized crowd we usually get at this event. Should be better next year, since we made the front page of the paper (no misquotes this time, because they didn't talk to me!!), and the buzz generated from a good time will get more folks to show up (more on this later).

I went to the Doctor afterward, and he put me on an antibiotic for a sinus infection (uber-fun!!), and I was still sick on Sunday. Heard worship was great! I slept. Hard.

There was more 'stuff' waiting for me at the office when I got here today, plus my Mentoring Group (props to the LLC!!), and various pieces of drama. I'm not sure why Mondays are what they are, but this was definitely one of them. So I was glad to see in my inbox an email from a friend who likes song lyrics. This one came at a good time, and I feel like it's a help to remember that God is working in the midst of the chaos:

Whatever You’re Doing

It’s time for healing

Time to move on

It’s time to fix what’s been broken too long

Time to make right

What has been wrong

It’s time to find my way to where I belong

There’s a wave that’s crashing over me

And all I can do is surrender

Whatever you’re doing inside of me

It feels like chaos

But somehow there’s peace

And it’s hard to surrender to what I can’t see

I’m giving in to something heavenly


Looking for the chaos to grow into peace. Looking for the mess I'm feeling around me to be something heavenly. Looking forward to tomorrow not being Monday.

4 comments:

Janaye said...

Hope you are feeling better. Glad to hear the cancer survivor thing went so well. Have a wonderfully blessed week!

megan said...

For some reason when I came across the word 'misquotes' I thought you had butchered the word 'mosquitoes' - see how similar? :) Anyway, totally random, not really related to the post. But I hope you are feeling better soon - it's never fun to be sick in the summer. Is it summer there yet? :)

Bill McCready said...

See, and now I have people picking on my spelling!!

I'm starting to feel better, got some antibiotics and chicken soup, so things are looking up. :)

And it was summer until June started, when the rains came and washed all the mosquitoes away. :)

Thanks for the prayers, they're working!! :)

megan said...

No, you got me all wrong; I wasn't picking! I was...well, ok, I guess I was. ;)

You are funny. :) But glad to hear that you are feeling better! I'll send more prayers your way then. :)